Bob Leone on So Legit, Lana, and Gaga

Gagafrontrow received the following statement from manager Bob Leone concerning Lana Del Rey's song "So Legit" and his relationship with the singer and Lady Gaga:

"Contrary to the thousands of tweets & blogs speculating about why So Legit was written, Lana Del Rey did not write this song because I chose to manage Lady Gaga instead of Lana. I would not have had a problem with managing both artists. In fact, I am currently managing two artists. The truth is that I did not choose to manage Gaga instead of Lana. As most fans of these two remarkable artists know is that I met Lana in January 2006, two months before I became Gaga's manager in March of that year. I was Lana's friend and her mentor at that time and we both agreed that she did not need a manager at that time as she was still developing as an artist. So despite what is written by people who know nothing about what actually happened, So Legit has absolutely nothing to do with my becoming Lady Gaga's manager. Lastly, to those of you who believe that some of the lyrics in So Legit refer to me, you couldn't be more wrong. Lana and I have always had a great relationship. Just because a lot of people think something is true, that doesn't mean it is true." -- Bob Leone, September 25, 2013

You can read more about Bob Leone in prior posts here and here

Check the other site posts on the gagafrontrow pages: